Summary of Position:
The Mechanical Engineer II must be skilled in the use of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and other software or technology as relevant to this specific position. This position will need technical problem-solving and communication skills and must be adept at project management, teamwork, and adhering to standard engineering procedures. This position will work with other team members to create new product designs that meet customer needs and relevant government codes and regulations. This position will create these designs using established engineering practices and relevant technological tools. This position will research designs and make recommendations based on appearance, safety, budget, and function, and estimate the time and cost needed to complete projects.
The Mechanical Engineer II may be responsible for creating prototypes and product tests and creating reports to provide the relevant data to management. This position will also communicate with other departments as needed for a given project. Other areas of responsibility may include helping to determine requirements for manufacturing equipment and working with a team to manage assigned portions of a project. The job may also require frequent lifting or bending, and work hours may vary.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Estimates time and cost to complete projects.
- Researches designs and makes recommendations based on appearance, safety, budget, and function.
- Performs engineering duties; develops, designs, and tests mechanical devices.
- Writes technical reports, handbooks, and bulletins for use by staff or customers.
- Designs, develops and tests all aspects of mechanical components, equipment and machinery.
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles to design products such as motors, instruments, controls, robots, machines etc.
- Proficient in creating and modifying assembly and system level models utilizing verbal or written instructions and existing documentation.
- Able to create detail drawings, bills of material, assembly drawings, and assembly procedures.
- Able to write assembly procedures
- Able to design, perform, and document engineering tests.
- Uses analytical expertise to translate general high-level system requirements into specific subsystem performance requirements.
- Can independently perform engineering calculations for stress, strain, force, torque, tolerancing power, thermal, and fluid flow problems creating appropriate models to be analyzed.
- Familiar with common and some specialized processes for manufacturing mechanical components.
- Possess enough cross functional skills to communicate effectively with software, and electrical engineers.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals while performing a variety of complicated tasks.
- May direct and lead the work of others
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected to be used while meeting assignment goals.
- Occasional domestic and international travel is expected.
- Must have automation design experience
- Experience in the semiconductor industry a plus
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering/Technology or higher required. E.I.T. certification preferred
- 5 years of related experience in an engineering support department
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes
- This position may also require frequent lifting or bending, and work hours may vary.
- Mechanical and technical aptitude
- Must be proficient in SolidWorks
- Microsoft Office Products