The company was formed around a core product offering for a major national retailer with the potential for rapid growth into a wide variety of complementary product and service offerings. Group6 will be introducing market-changing, all-electric products.
Summary of Position:
The Group6 Electrical Engineer position is responsible for implementing and designing components for any products that use electricity, as well as the products themselves. Candidates must focus on the generation of power to the product. Candidates will also focus on researching, creating, and improving products and devices.
Candidates may often work in teams to solve the complex issues. Oftentimes, these teams consist of engineers with an expertise in different areas, so the group is better-equipped to arrive at a solution to an electrical need in a product. Therefore, it is important that Candidates are a team player. Candidates must also be able to communicate ideas and take direction. Candidates must be adept at math and science, be excellent problem solver, able to think creatively, comfortable working on a computer, and comfortable speaking to a large group.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Design, maintain, implement, and improve electrical instruments and equipment.
- Inspect completed projects to ensure conformance with design standards.
- Apply principles of electrical theory to engineering projects.
- Dismantles, cleans, replaces parts, assembles and calibrates pneumatic and electronic instruments.
- Determines causes for malfunctioning instruments and takes appropriate action to correct trouble.
- Reads electrical blueprints and schematics.
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Installs, alters and repairs electrical systems which includes making proper connections, determining and correcting electrical malfunctions in equipment and electrical control devices.
- Candidates must follow all safety rules and keep work areas in clean condition.
Education and Requirements:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering/Technology or higher required. E.I.T. certification preferred.
- 2-3 years of related experience in an engineering support department.
- This position may also require frequent lifting or bending, and work hours may vary.
- Microsoft Office Products.